Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Fall Fashion

As I continue to explore ideas for exciting new designs in my handcrafted necklace collections, I've been doing some research on Fall fashion trends.  After all, we ladies will need to have accessories to complete our look and style.

I've never been too trendy myself.  I tend to be drawn to tailored, classic styles.  But wait a minute! I'm not in sales anymore! I am designing, sculpting and making jewelry!  Time to get creative and see what I can do.   I love experimenting with different colors and textures.  Women wear many hats these days and jewelry are personal items.  They, too can be different to fit the occasion and the season.

According to OK Magazine, the 1970's are back.  As far as accessories go, this means chokers.  I actually have some silver toned chokers that pendents can easily be attached to.  These look especially nice with my original watercolor flower pendants and the polymer clay flowers necklaces.

You'll be seeing the usual suspects this fall:  This means black.  Every woman looks good in black and it can be dressed up or down.  Harper's Bazaar indicates that we can look forward to rich jewel tones this autumn.  Brillant topaz, copper, and chocolate tones.   The top color will be shades of red, from deep burgandy to candy apple.  

After such a hot summer, I am ready for fall.  Now, since I just read that leather is hot, I'll get back to making some leather flower necklaces.   Be sure to check out the website for updates. http://www.jewelrybotanica.com/









No comments:

Post a Comment